Saturday, November 19, 2005
Wynona's Big Brown Beaver

Yesterday was Nate's birthday party and that was awesome. Rolled a 59. At one point, I tried using a 16 lb. ball as a joke, a little less than 1/6th of my own weight. Afterward four of us went to Central Cinema, which was playing Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. You might remember an immensely cynical post I made earlier about the Harry Potter craze but it was actually a good movie. It's just that people were pealing at stuff that wasn't funny. Also, I really don't understand why some imbeciles clap after a movie ends. It's an asininity of the highest order, I mean, what are you thinking?Have you ever noticed babies that clap when they're happy? Maybe it's just that some people never grow up out of that habit, for the entirety of their lives clapping inadvertently like retards when something pleases them.

During this last week was a "game" which Mr. Manno arranged intending to teach us of the legislative conflict that ensued with Westward migration and the Industrial Revolution. First of all, calling it a game in the first place was a mistake. Games are fun. It wasn't even remotely thought provoking; the same 3-4 points intemperately regurgitated ad infinitum by a buttload of dumbass people, I'm afraid, does not constitute a very intellectual atmosphere. I understood more in the 2-minute overview Manno gave before class ended. Frankly I was shocked as to the incredible enthusiasm and the absurdly uncynical submission on the part of the other students towards the "purpose" of the activity. Are these people serious? They were actively and lustfully participating and, I shit you not, I even saw one girl on the verge of tears when the North's legislation didn't pass. I couldn't even bring myself to say a word even within my own group for fear that I'd fornicate my own self-respect.