Friday, September 23, 2005
Physics

My physics teacher, Dr. Phil Dauber, has an attractive resemblance to Albert Einstein. At an estimated 5'7", he is noted for his ill-kempt afro and having an extensive wardrobe of totally 2 striped shirts and a nice pair of revealing sandals.

"You should get corn-rows," suggested a girl.
"I don't like corn," Dauber replied.

Mr. Galloway is the shamefully bald student-teacher, and his appearance is defined by a hideous goatee. He resembles a penguin.
Recently, we were asked how a criminal that weighs 75 kg could lower himself down from a window on a sheet-rope that can only hold 50 kg. I suggested that the criminal slice off both of his legs and then proceed to descend to the ground. However, this proposal was not well-accepted. During his lectures, large spittles occasionally launch themselves from Dr. Dauber's mouth, with a troubling range of 5-10 feet. I'll tell you one thing: having one of these land on your face while you're dozing off is a mortifying ordeal. Mortifying. They also do not provide any form of relief whatsoever from the anguished boredom that is endured otherwise.

I have physics 6th period, and this has proven on a frightfully large number of occasions to be brutally abusive to the senses. Today was friday, and it was during the last few minutes of class and I was close to mental expiration, silently pleading to Jehovah for the sugary enticement of death. Anyway, I wasn't granted this request. However, I did break into a mild sweat and my leg began to convulse as it usually does during the last, restless minutes of any class, amidst a distinct sense of closing books and rustling back-packs. My eyes nervously darted about the room, tensely checking on the clock, and planning the quickest and most effective way out the door.

The sound of the bell pierced the tension. The instincts took over and I took off like a beast. Out the door, into the hallways. My mind wasn't thinking. The hallways filled quickly with other desperate prisoners.

It hit me then. First, the steamy heat that suddenly slapped against my face warned me from taking a breath. But I did anyway. The vilest stench that had ever met my nostrils plunged deep into my lungs. Someone had farted in the suspense. I almost suffocated and would have swooned and fallen to the ground had the hall been not so crowded. The first emotion to pervade my mind was complete ANGER. I wanted to kill whoever had jetted that cabbage. It was so foul that my eyes began to tear up. After about 3 more highly offensive inhalations, I regained a sense of rational thought and fought desperately to make it out of that hot mess. Like a beast.

The scene became ugly. One guy started to scream in Spanish. He'd whipped out a pocket knife and was stabbing at random. A mother held a grieved baby in her arms and both wept. Shots rang out, and several men fell to to the ground. Alas, my beloved friend Giuseppe was hit in the chest. He fell at my side. I took hold of his arm but he told me firmly to leave him be. I whispered a solemn oath into his ear that I would take care of his wife and children, and then fled. "Go! Save yourself!" he screamed painfully in a hoarse voice.

I survived. I choked and almost cried when I breathed in the fresh air. The freedom, the life.