Monday, September 26, 2005
Cooking

I hate cooking.

I'm sure I'll get better one day or else society will force me to know how. I'm terrible at cooking. I spend forever cleaning vegetables because I'm paranoid that they'll be dirty. I slice carefully because I don't want to lose a finger! I also drop food into the pan one by one and jump back after it drops into the pan. I don't like it when oil splatters... it hurts. I can steam pretty well but I tend to steam a bit too long because the vegetables turn all yellow. The only thing I can do well is cooking rice! Wash the rice and then put it into the rice cooker. However, sometimes I add too much water.

Besides not being able to cook, I have this thing for staring at the stove. The redness of the hot stove is so... alluring. Though the color is too bright for my taste, I really want to touch it. I didn't, however, nor will I ever. It's just that it calls at me, telling me to touch it! I know better though. I can't go listening to stupid stoves that turn a nice, bright red...

Anyways, tonight I had to cook because my mom didn't want to. So being "good" and shit, I cooked dumplings tonight. I thought I doing a good job steaming them since they looked really nice. I served them right in a bowl and presented my cooking to her. She eats them but then starts noting they taste kind of funny. Four dumplings later, she tells me that they were still raw! Luckly I only ate two. At least she didn't get so mad at me and just told me what I should have done instead. My mom recooked the dumplings and we then ate them fully cooked.